Sun, 09 Oct|
Pimp Hall Nature Reserve
SHROOM SUNDAY 2022
A day of mushroom-inspired fun at London's secret nature reserve
Time & Location
09 Oct 2022, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Pimp Hall Nature Reserve, Near Kings Road Recycling Centre, off Kings Road, London E4 7HR, UK
About the event
Join us to celebrate UK Fungus Day 2022! The event runs from 10am to 5pm and you're welcome to join for all or part of the day. Photos from Shroom Sunday 2021 here: www.londonfungusnetwork.org/shroom-sunday-2021 The programme will include:
- Guided mushroom walk & talk with Rewilding Mycology
- DIY mushroom cultivation masterclass by Fat Fox Mushrooms
- Clay mushroom making workshop (all ages) with Urban Forest
- Children’s arts and crafts with Walk The Loop
- Shroomy shnacks & beverages from Shroom Town
- Biosonification sound installation (ever wondered what a mushroom sounds like?)
- Self-guided nature trail
- And more!
A joint event from the Friends of Pimp Hall Park and Nature Reserve & London Fungus Network.
Booking is essential; families are welcome, including children; please book a ticket for each human to help us keep track of numbers!
Travel and location
Nearest station: Chingford Overground. Car parking is limited.
The event will be accessible via a hard footpath and grassland, with some mild uneven ground. The site is accessible for buggies and wheelchairs.